Chris Widener: Unlearn the Learned and Get on the Path to Greatness
Chris Widener’s life started out pretty good for the first 4 years, until his dad passed away at age 41. He was a partner in what has become one of the largest architecture firms in the world and was making ninety thousand bucks a year in 1969! That is a lot!
Chris eventually ended up living in 28 homes and went to 11 different schools. He began to get in a lot of trouble; he started drugs in the 5th grade, spent most of his time in 6th 7th and 8th grades betting the horses outside of Seattle. He even started opium during the 8th grade.
While in high school, Chris came to that pivotal point in life where he realized he was going nowhere fast and needed to make some changes. He realized he was about to graduate to go out into the real world. He decided he wanted to become successful, become financially free, and do something with his life and make an impact, but he just had no clue how or where to start.
Listen now as Chris unveils his story of success as he talks about all the people who made a great impact in life. He explains how he got into the speaking world and ended up making television shows and writing books with the greats, like Zig Ziglar, and Jim Rohn.
In this Episode you will learn:
- About Chris’ journey, where it all started, what was the path for him along the way that got him to the point of where he is today.
- What is the definition of success, Is it absolutely imperative that one must have a mentor in order to become successful?
- What are the steps to a get to the point of achieving a balanced life.
- What does a real mentor do for his mentee and what is the process of mentorship
- Why people hold on so tightly to their belief systems and how do they overcome or unlearn them to get going down the path towards greatness
- What’s the bridge for anyone between wanting that something and then actually achieving that something
- The incident which changed Jim Rohn to become a millionaire; he told a lie as he did not have 2 dollars with him
- On what should people be investing more in for themselves given any stage of their lives
- What Chris is doing at this point in life to continue his education
- Two questions we could ask ourselves every morning to set our days off on the right tone
- The difference between being rich and being wealthy
About the Guest: Chris Widener, is a successful businessman, author, speaker and television host. He has authored over 450 articles and nine books, including a New York Times and Wall Street Journal Best-seller. He has produced over 85 CDs and DVDs on leadership, motivation, and success.
Want uplifting emails from me once a week?
Do You Know The Most Powerful And Learnable Skills Involved With A Successful Life? Join Me Here And I'll Send You Some Useful Tools To Help You Create The Life You Want.