Kevin Hogan: On the Principles of Influence and Persuasion
It’s almost unbelievable…
A few years back, Kevin Hogan (International speaker, Influence and Persuasion expert) got a telephone call from a government agency in Poland. They told him how Kevin Hogan was good at making companies make money and all, but they have a growing problem in Poland which is, 12 – 13 year old girls are getting AIDS because they’re on the streets and truck drivers are stopping by.
But, Kevin Hogan knew nothing about AIDS. He’s totally ignorant at this point.
However, they want to him to put together a program. He told them, “I have no clue right now of what it is but I will learn about AIDS and will come there. We will have a program set up and a plan that will work.”
Today, Poland has the lowest AIDS rate in entire Europe. Part of that reason was, somebody was good at influencing other people to do things that were going to be good for their lives.
Over the last 10 years, Kevin Hogan cannot tell you how many of such incidents have happened where Governments or major companies said something he never would have thought of.
Kevin Hogan authored 24 books in the space of Personal Development, Influence, Persuasion and more. He is a dynamic, well-known international public speaker, consultant and, corporate trainer.
Today, Kevin Hogan joins the, ‘A Desire to Inspire with Manny Patrick show’ and talks about his journey, the definition of influence, persuasion, selling and a few more.
In this Episode you will learn:
Where and how the journey started for Kevin Hogan and how did it unfold.
How can we consciously program our self to influence our minds so that we’re no longer responding to just the influence of others.
The process for a person to find a top level influencer to build a relationship with, who could possibly be a mentor.
How you grab somebody’s attention in such a high paced world today and how do you keep that attention.
In this process of influencing someone to make a decision how does it work for you to get someone to say ‘yes’ to you in any circumstances.
What will somebody do if they wanted to build character? How will they start? How to go about that?
How do you help others make decisions without having them feel pressured into it?
How would somebody gain the language in a conversation around influencing sales.
What does it take emotionally to become an influencer.
One powerful message of inspiration for the listeners.
Interesting Quotes by Kevin Hogan during the interview:
- Influencing is a cool feel and it’s fun to have been a part of it.
- Selling is the most important thing that you can be doing cause if you don’t sell, there’s no income in the corporation, and nobody makes money.
- Do something really nice for someone who you want to hang out with, just a bit more.
- It’s so important to cause people to move now, in this moment and time, towards a decision.
- When you’re talking to a person who’s going to be your client, you communicate with him in the same way you do with your roommate.
- As people see your work, whatever it is, they’ll respect you. As you get better, you become an authority, an expert.
- People will come to you if you have that certainty about who you are, when you have a track record and you have an impeccable character.
- Pretty much everywhere I go; I really like to leave an impact, saying something good.
- If you have a great message to share with your customers start with the word ‘imagine’
About The Guest:
Kevin Hogan is the author of 24 books. He is best known for his international best selling books, and The Psychology of Persuasion: How to Persuade Others to Your Way of Thinking.
In the past decade he has become the Body Language Expert to The Wall Street Journal, ABC, Fox, The BBC, The New York Times, The Toronto Sun, The New York Post and dozens of popular magazines like Forbes, Investors Business Daily, InTouch, First for Women, Success!, and Cosmopolitan.
Want uplifting emails from me once a week?
Do You Know The Most Powerful And Learnable Skills Involved With A Successful Life? Join Me Here And I'll Send You Some Useful Tools To Help You Create The Life You Want.