Albert Einstein once said, ‘It’s never too late to have a happy childhood.’
Peter Brandl (President of the German Speakers Association) like many other boys, had a childhood dream to drive Airplanes. But at 14, his dreams were shattered when a medical seminary said Peter Brandl cannot become a pilot because he wore glasses.
But, at 35 when Peter Brandl was being successful in his career and consulting business, and learning that his glasses won’t be an obstacle at all, his childhood dreams rekindled. He started taking flying lessons and soon became a licensed pilot.
Sometimes you have a dream and you really want to do it, but once you have done it, you recognize, ‘well there’s no need to do it for the rest of my life.’ From there, Peter Brandl went back to his prior job of running the consulting and training company.
Today, Peter Brandl has done more than 3,000 presentations in 13 countries and on 3 continents. The airline pilot, entrepreneur, flight instructor and multiple author is one of the most unconventional and sought-after speakers in the market.
In his inspiring keynotes, Peter Brandl turns passengers into pilots. This powerful speaker takes his audience on an exciting journey between airplane cockpits and business challenges.
Peter Brandl joins the, ‘A Desire to Inspire with Manny Patrick’ Show and talks about his journey,
In this Episode you will learn:
About Peter Brandl’s journey, where and how it started. What the path looked like to get to where he is today.
How he was able to realize his childhood dream of becoming a pilot.
What made Peter Brandl decide that he didn’t want to be a pilot anymore.
What’s the biggest lesson he learned about himself in making the transition from a cockpit to feet on the ground, training, authoring, and speaking.
What are some techniques from the cockpit, to maximize an individual’s performance in life.
How does one create a culture or environment for someone to safely communicate where they don’t feel like, because of a mistake they’ve made.
Analogy of the functions of Brain with a computer, how stress plays a major role in the working capacity of your brain.
How does stress influence our decision making and the mistakes that we make due to stress.
How are people who are rational, smart and competent, often making very grave mistakes. How do they forget the obvious things so much.
One message of inspiration for the listeners today.
Interesting Quotes by Peter Brandl during the interview:
- What are your dreams? How long do you want to wait? Wait until it’s too late?
- Should you change the question into what can you do to fulfill this dream, to make it happen.
- Are you living the life you want to live or do you find yourself in a situation you hate? What makes you stay there and what could you do to change it?
- I think we are on earth to grow and to develop ourselves.
- The biggest lesson that came from the cockpit is- Giving up is not an option.
- If you punish someone for their mistakes, there’s a chance for them to hide their mistakes.
- We need the corporate culture- Hiding mistakes is even worse than doing the mistake itself.
- We have to stop acting as if we would never commit a mistake.
- Stress makes decisions worse; failures and mistakes more likely to appear.
- If you want to see the world as a good place, you will find enough proof to prove your opinion is right.
- We think we are rational people but we aren’t, we think that we make rational decisions but we don’t.
- Trust only the pieces of advice that you like.
- Stop your fears. Fear keeps us from trying.
- If you want to achieve something in life, you have to leave your comfort zone; you have to simply try it.
- Stop trying to be perfect and start to be good. The moment you stop trying to be perfect is the moment you can start being good.
- Make mistakes, that’ll improve us. Make mistakes, be really prepared.
About The Guest:
Peter Brandl is a professional pilot and flight instructor, communication expert, keynote speaker and author. He shows what you can learn from pilots to steer your business or your life successfully.
With more than 3,000 presentations in 13 countries and on 3 continents, he is one of the most unconventional and sought-after speakers in the market.
Want uplifting emails from me once a week?
Do You Know The Most Powerful And Learnable Skills Involved With A Successful Life? Join Me Here And I'll Send You Some Useful Tools To Help You Create The Life You Want.